In The Compassion Sharing Course©, you will increase emotional awareness from a lens of compassion, expand your understanding of secondary traumatic stress and compassion fatigue, and learn how to use self-care to manage it, You will explore your unique purpose, which can anchor you in your work. Along the way, you will learn the steps to Compassion Sharing, a theoretically-informed communication tool for debriefing impactful feelings that arise as compassionate medical providers.
The Compassion Sharing Course©Challenge the myths around emotional coping in medical practice and take charge of your own wellbeing Enroll Today
- There is not enough time to talk about feeling in healthcare while on the job
- Talking about feelings during the workday opens up a floodgate of emotion that interferes with focus on work
- I can take care of myself on my own outside of the workday
- For the day-to-day experiences, it often only takes a few minutes to process an impactful feeling, with the Compassion Sharing Model as an integrative framework
- To the contrary, holding in impactful emotions hinders concentration and can brew and bottle over, contributing to decreased focus, even medical errors, and burnout
- Yes…and… you deserve a workplace that holistically supports you as a compassionate human being, rather than putting the burden completely on you to deal with impactful feelings outside of work on your own.
A Theoretically-Informed Communication Tool
Compassion Sharing©️ consists of four steps: Permission, Validation, Connection, and Grounding.
Permission starts by the colleague in the role of Initiator, with a peer or peers joining in as Supporters to complete the four-step process. Experiencing an impactful feeling from compassionate care of patients is an opportunity for integration into more meaningful work, through the Compassion Sharing Model. With repetition over time, Compassion Sharing becomes ritualized to replenish one’s cup and support carrying on fully present in one’s workday.
In This Course…
You will have the opportunity to explore emotional awareness in depth for greater understanding and expression of compassion.
You will understand what secondary traumatic stress means, both from both a pragmatic standpoint and from your own personal view, and learn to apply this knowledge to boost your own resiliency and targeted self-care.
You will journey into deeper meaning and purpose in your work, from a lens of honoring your unique qualities and impactful moments in your career.
You will learn how to participate in Compassion Sharing©️, including training in both the role of the Initiator, who begins the process by expressing an impactful feeling, and as a Supporter, who completes the next steps in response to another’s shared experience.
You will complete three 20-minute on demand modules on your own—to bring you into the framework of Compassion Sharing, and explore more about YOU.
With this course you will get a downloadable Course Guide and Emotions Wheel for targeted personalized learning throughout the course and beyond.
Upon completion of the Course Modules, you will then sign up for a 45-minute LIVE Training Course for real-time experiential learning of Compassion Sharing, supported by the downloadable Sharing Guide.